redheadsaid

Dave and Jenifer's Wedding (can't get rid of the dumb birds)
Daisypath Ticker

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

WE'RE ENGAGED!

It happened late Sunday night while we were at home in Missouri for the holiday weekend. Things are so crazy that I haven't even had a chance to write up a proper summary (at least in the excruciating detail you know I think it requires). However, this is the most information anyone has received via text, so I figured it would have to suffice for the moment (note: it contains my usual degree of frankness, but those who know me will not be surprised). Excruciating details to follow soon in an upcoming blog ...

(If you make it all the way to the bottom, you will be rewarded with a picture of the MOSTAMAZINGENGAGEMENTRINGEVER!)

10:05 AM
Liz: I hear you're engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Tell Dave congrats, too!!
10:13 AM
me: OH, thank you! We are SO EXCITED!
I was COMPLETELY surprised.
Liz: Molly told me last night and I was so happy!
when do you think the wedding will be?
me: you'll be getting an invite soon for an engagement gathering :)
maybe next Friday night
probably not until next summer
Liz: bueno bueno
10:14 AM
me: unless we can throw something together before New Years, my job is just so busy during the legislative session.
Liz: oh yeah, good point
me: plus, we are both outdoor-sy and would like to do it outside
so that would mean early June?
Liz: yeah, that would be BEAUTIFUL
might be a LITTLE cold if you did it Dec. or Jan...
me: That just seems SO FAR AWAY (I'm ready to have sex) :)
10:15 AM
Liz: here or back home? (MO, right?)
that was in reference to where the wedding will be, not where you want to have sex :)
10:16 AM
me: Yes, the sex will be in the limo between the church and reception :)
Liz: honey, you know that's how I'll be too
10:17 AM
me: I'd like to do it out here b/c it is so important to me that my DC friends (mostly at Rez) and co-workers are able to come
I'm afraid they may not haul their cookies to the middle of Missouri
but it will depend on if we can find a place out here to do it
Liz: hmmm...important consideration...
and things are so expensive here!
me: we'd like to do it on a farm outside the city or something
Liz: OH!
one of my best friends got married at the VA botanical gardens or something
10:18 AM
on the road out to Mount Vernon
VA Horticultural society
I think that's what it was
it was BEAUTIFUL!!
10:19 AM
me: oh, I have dubbed the theme "Rural Chic" (like sheik, not chick) ... you know, like "Shabby Chic" but farmy :)
Liz: gotcha
me: we want bbq and just a big party with lots of drinking and dancing
Liz: sounds PERFECT
how did he pop the question?
10:20 AM
me: oh, in the front yard of my family farm, under the moonlight ...
I didn't think he'd talked to dad yet so I was completely surprised :)
Liz: oh wow
10:21 AM
me: it was so great to be at home, surrounded by my family
10:22 AM
Liz: when did you get back?
me: last night
10:23 AM
Liz: so fun
me: yes, he did it Sunday night
it just wasn't enough time to spend w/ my mom, sister, and sister-in-law afterward :)
but I am SO THANKFUL they were there to share it
10:24 AM
Liz: that's how I would want it to be, too
while visiting my family
10:25 AM
me: yeah, it is hard enough being away from them ... I'm glad this was something I got to share w/ them and didn't have to call them
but I wouldn't have even thought to hope for that ... Dave is so smart :)
I love him so much!
Liz: sometimes it totally sucks that family is so far away
you really had no idea?
10:27 AM
me: I had thought maybe Christmas ... maybe a little sooner
but I just thought he was going to take the opportunity to ask my dad
and then I thought he wasn't even getting THAT done (b/c everyone was misleading me) that I was SURE it was far away
I just always guess everything ... I'm never surprised
so this was amazing
10:28 AM
Liz: that sounds perfect
10:29 AM
ok, I'm going to get back to work now
thanks for sharing the story!!!
10:30 AM
me: me too :) Can't wait to show you the ring! Hope to see you soon ...
Liz: yes!
ok, talk to you soon!
bye

3 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said…

    All I can say is: About time there is a blog post about this. Jeez..

    :-)

    Congrats!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay, he survived the family reunion experience...let the Scrabble tournaments begin! Congrats to you three (Bridget included), and Dave, looking forward to having you in on the ongoing love fest of this family!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just love hearing that story, again and again :) I guess it's safe to add a link back to Dave's blog now? ;)
    love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home