Waltz For Jen[n]ifer
During this season of searching for verses, guidance, and understanding about love, I often return to music. Hymns, songs, Psalms ... so often the ideal is captured in the poetry of lyrics. As you may have noted from my blog entries, I am not a gifted writer. My friend Molly writes amazing songs and poems, my friend Heather can pen the most descriptive and amusing stories, my cousin Carli, and friends Krystal, Lori, and Shayna can partner scripture with affirmation and bless me with the most encouraging notes. Me ... I can retell a story with an unnecessarily high degree of details and verboseness :)
The beauty of songs are the way that a gifted artist has captured the exact sentiment you are feeling and put it together in an eloquent way. Music is a blessing because it challenges the loneliness you were feeling (that maybe you were the only one that has ever felt this way) and because it is a ready-made package to share with others how you feel (hence my sharing the David Wilcox song in a previous blog).
Now, not quite as deep as all of that, I found a song that warmed my heart. The band FFH (Far From Home) has some great songs (albeit a bit contemporary for me, but worth tolerating the genera for the experience). This song was written by one of the band members for his wife, also a band member. Can you imagine? Now, if only he could have spelled the name right it would be perfect. :)
Waltz For Jennifer
Another long day is gone and I’m ready
For another long night where I’ll be by your side
Another long day will come and I’ll thank Jesus
That I am alive and that He made you mine
We belong together, you and me
Holding on tight like lock and key
Going strong the way this love should be - a fantasy
And I’m so glad that God made me for you and you for me
I’m having that dream where we are walking
Together along with the sand in our feet
Then I am awake and I realize
It wasn’t a dream, it was reality
We belong together, you and me
Holding on tight like lock and key
Going strong the way this love should be - a fantasy
And I’m so glad that God made me for you and you for me
We belong together, you and me
Holding on tight like lock and key
Going strong the way this love should be - a fantasy
And I’m so glad that God made me for you and you for me
I'm so glad that God made me for you and you for me.
During this season of searching for verses, guidance, and understanding about love, I often return to music. Hymns, songs, Psalms ... so often the ideal is captured in the poetry of lyrics. As you may have noted from my blog entries, I am not a gifted writer. My friend Molly writes amazing songs and poems, my friend Heather can pen the most descriptive and amusing stories, my cousin Carli, and friends Krystal, Lori, and Shayna can partner scripture with affirmation and bless me with the most encouraging notes. Me ... I can retell a story with an unnecessarily high degree of details and verboseness :)
The beauty of songs are the way that a gifted artist has captured the exact sentiment you are feeling and put it together in an eloquent way. Music is a blessing because it challenges the loneliness you were feeling (that maybe you were the only one that has ever felt this way) and because it is a ready-made package to share with others how you feel (hence my sharing the David Wilcox song in a previous blog).
Now, not quite as deep as all of that, I found a song that warmed my heart. The band FFH (Far From Home) has some great songs (albeit a bit contemporary for me, but worth tolerating the genera for the experience). This song was written by one of the band members for his wife, also a band member. Can you imagine? Now, if only he could have spelled the name right it would be perfect. :)
Waltz For Jennifer
Another long day is gone and I’m ready
For another long night where I’ll be by your side
Another long day will come and I’ll thank Jesus
That I am alive and that He made you mine
We belong together, you and me
Holding on tight like lock and key
Going strong the way this love should be - a fantasy
And I’m so glad that God made me for you and you for me
I’m having that dream where we are walking
Together along with the sand in our feet
Then I am awake and I realize
It wasn’t a dream, it was reality
We belong together, you and me
Holding on tight like lock and key
Going strong the way this love should be - a fantasy
And I’m so glad that God made me for you and you for me
We belong together, you and me
Holding on tight like lock and key
Going strong the way this love should be - a fantasy
And I’m so glad that God made me for you and you for me
I'm so glad that God made me for you and you for me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home