Everything you ever wanted to know about me ...
So this is a questionare I filled out over two years ago. I recently came across it again and thought it was amusing to read my answers. I'd say it is still pretty accurate, although I would put my job at a solid #4 of things I am thankful for. If this questionare looks familiar to any of you ... I won't tell if you won't. :)
What are you most passionate about?
I am most passionate about my spiritual growth. I love participating in church activities and interacting with my Christian friends because it nourishes me on so many levels. I am also passionate about my sports teams, politics, giving back to the community, continuing to learn, down time, and my dog.
What is the most important quality that you are looking for in another person?
Spiritual maturity. I want to be with someone who loves God as much as I do and it permeates through every aspect of his life. I want someone who "gets me" because he understands and shares my faith. I'm looking for someone who will challenge me spiritually, pray with me, and serve with me.
Other important qualities are an Onion-esque (the satire newspaper) sense of humor (sarcastic, witty, a bit off-the-wall) and someone who challenges me on an intellectual level. I love to discuss all types of topics and I'm always wanting to learn more. So, in summary, I want someone who challenges my soul, my funny-bone, and my mind.
Other than your parents, who has been the most influential person in your life and why?
Obviously Jesus Christ would be the person who has most influenced my life, both in the religion he represents and the example he set during his time on earth. A myriad of friends, relatives, church leaders, teachers, professors, and employers would compete for a distant second.
What are the THREE things for which you are MOST thankful?
My faith. It is who I am and what I'm about . . . and I like who I am!
My family. I know it is so generic, but I can't describe in this space how absolutely amazing they are.
My friends. Again, probably a standard answer for most, but they augment my quality of life each and every day.
How do you typically spend your leisure time?
Usually I spend free time running errands (because I usually work late or have meetings and cannot get anything done in the evenings). However, I love to spend days off at museums (because I take forever - I must read every exhibit) or in the park with my dog. The majority of non-work time is spent with friends, church activities, or volunteering. I have shelves full of books I never have enough time to read and would love to audit some classes and attend more lectures.
Describe the last book that you read and enjoyed. What was it about? What did you like most about it?
Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer does a wonderful job of humbling you for your preconceptions and limited view of God, then fills you with great hope and joy for all that God is and for what we cannot even begin to understand. Our finite minds can never truly understand the infinitude of the sovereign Lord, but we can know the attributes of God - His goodness, His holiness, His wisdom, His strength, His omniscience. And while we might not always understand what God is doing in our lives or in the world, we can be confident that He is at work and whatever it is He is doing is exactly what needs to be done.
Describe one thing about yourself that only your best friends know.
If only my best friends know, there is probably a reason. Could it be an obscure birthmark, my super-hero identity, or secret affinity for reality television? My best friends (and I) are not divulging.
Is there any additional information to know about you?
I'm against Velcro, Sting (the musician), and monkeys dressed as people.
What are five things that you "can't live without?"
Prayer
Companionship
the Arts (music, theater, museums)
non-fiction books
televised sports (football, college bball, hockey)
So this is a questionare I filled out over two years ago. I recently came across it again and thought it was amusing to read my answers. I'd say it is still pretty accurate, although I would put my job at a solid #4 of things I am thankful for. If this questionare looks familiar to any of you ... I won't tell if you won't. :)
What are you most passionate about?
I am most passionate about my spiritual growth. I love participating in church activities and interacting with my Christian friends because it nourishes me on so many levels. I am also passionate about my sports teams, politics, giving back to the community, continuing to learn, down time, and my dog.
What is the most important quality that you are looking for in another person?
Spiritual maturity. I want to be with someone who loves God as much as I do and it permeates through every aspect of his life. I want someone who "gets me" because he understands and shares my faith. I'm looking for someone who will challenge me spiritually, pray with me, and serve with me.
Other important qualities are an Onion-esque (the satire newspaper) sense of humor (sarcastic, witty, a bit off-the-wall) and someone who challenges me on an intellectual level. I love to discuss all types of topics and I'm always wanting to learn more. So, in summary, I want someone who challenges my soul, my funny-bone, and my mind.
Other than your parents, who has been the most influential person in your life and why?
Obviously Jesus Christ would be the person who has most influenced my life, both in the religion he represents and the example he set during his time on earth. A myriad of friends, relatives, church leaders, teachers, professors, and employers would compete for a distant second.
What are the THREE things for which you are MOST thankful?
My faith. It is who I am and what I'm about . . . and I like who I am!
My family. I know it is so generic, but I can't describe in this space how absolutely amazing they are.
My friends. Again, probably a standard answer for most, but they augment my quality of life each and every day.
How do you typically spend your leisure time?
Usually I spend free time running errands (because I usually work late or have meetings and cannot get anything done in the evenings). However, I love to spend days off at museums (because I take forever - I must read every exhibit) or in the park with my dog. The majority of non-work time is spent with friends, church activities, or volunteering. I have shelves full of books I never have enough time to read and would love to audit some classes and attend more lectures.
Describe the last book that you read and enjoyed. What was it about? What did you like most about it?
Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer does a wonderful job of humbling you for your preconceptions and limited view of God, then fills you with great hope and joy for all that God is and for what we cannot even begin to understand. Our finite minds can never truly understand the infinitude of the sovereign Lord, but we can know the attributes of God - His goodness, His holiness, His wisdom, His strength, His omniscience. And while we might not always understand what God is doing in our lives or in the world, we can be confident that He is at work and whatever it is He is doing is exactly what needs to be done.
Describe one thing about yourself that only your best friends know.
If only my best friends know, there is probably a reason. Could it be an obscure birthmark, my super-hero identity, or secret affinity for reality television? My best friends (and I) are not divulging.
Is there any additional information to know about you?
I'm against Velcro, Sting (the musician), and monkeys dressed as people.
What are five things that you "can't live without?"
Prayer
Companionship
the Arts (music, theater, museums)
non-fiction books
televised sports (football, college bball, hockey)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home