I would like to issue mad props to all of the people who have commented on my blog. (That's right, both of you. Just kidding. sort of.) Honestly, though ... it means a lot to have the encouragement. You tolerate me ... you really tolerate me. :) Due to a unique set of circumstances, I am currently using a pseudonym (which sounds a lot more interesting than it really is), thus most of my peeps don't even know I have a blog. Of course, several will have to remain that way, b/c come to find out there is quite a bit of anti-blog sentiment out there. But the point is, those that have stumbled across me and offered words of encouragement ... thanks diggities.
And with that, I will now disappoint you by posting a bunch of useless crap. O.k., not quite. Basically, there are a few things I've come across that I've been pondering. Also, there are some nonsense character analysis results and the like that I feel I should submit, keeping in the spirit of my first post. The point is, it is not penned in my original hand, and I know that is what you all tune in for. Love me anyway. (please)
Here is the character analysis. These things travel around blog circles like a virus, but I must fill them out ... you'll notice below my inability to say "no."
you chose CX - your Enneagram type is TWO.
How to Get Along with Me
The Enneagram Made EasyDiscover the 9 Types of PeopleHarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages
And with that, I will now disappoint you by posting a bunch of useless crap. O.k., not quite. Basically, there are a few things I've come across that I've been pondering. Also, there are some nonsense character analysis results and the like that I feel I should submit, keeping in the spirit of my first post. The point is, it is not penned in my original hand, and I know that is what you all tune in for. Love me anyway. (please)
Here is the character analysis. These things travel around blog circles like a virus, but I must fill them out ... you'll notice below my inability to say "no."
the Helper
you chose CX - your Enneagram type is TWO.
"I must help others"
Helpers are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs.
How to Get Along with Me
- Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific. [This is so true, although I have trouble accepting compliments (to be addressed in an upcoming post). However, one of the sweetest things I ever received was an e-mail where someone told me "I like you, and this is why ... " and preceded to go into detail about aspects of me, my heart, and my character that showed a true understand of who I am. It was am amazing thing to hear ... or rather, read.]
- Share fun times with me.
- Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours. [I am so bad about this. Usually when someone asks me how I'm doing, it is always "fine, but what about you?" and then turn the conversation to them. I don't think it is b/c I want to avoid talking about me, but rather I feel like anything I would have to share isn't that significant, I'm more interested in what they are going through.]
- Let me know that I am important and special to you. [Again, it is just always nice to hear.]
- Be gentle if you decide to criticize me. [With great compassion comes sensitive feelings. I have a big, dumb heart that loves easily, and bruises easily. I love feedback, but it is most useful when responsibly crafted.]
In Intimate Relationships
- Reassure me that I am interesting to you.
- Reassure me often that you love me.
- Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me.
[With all of these ... it is always nice to hear (see above). However, I don't so much need the "glad to be seen w/ me." I care that the person I am with finds me attractive, I don't care what others think ... although I guess it would bother me if he asked me to wear a paper bag over my head or something. :)]
What I Like About Being a Two
- being able to relate easily to people and to make friends
- knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better
- being generous, caring, and warm
- being sensitive to and perceptive about others' feelings
- being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor
- not being able to say no
- having low self-esteem [I take issue with this. I may be hyper-self-critical and a bit over-analytical, but I do not have low self-esteem. I'm pretty stinkin' happy w/ the way God made me, I just look for ways to be a good steward of the gifts He has given me.]
- feeling drained from overdoing for others
- not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish [Again, not true (or at least very rarely). I often will defer to something someone wants to do b/c I just don't care and enjoy seeing them happy. Trust me, I'm not big into self-denial. :)]
- criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should
- being upset that others don't tune in to me as much as I tune in to them
- working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings [Hmmm. I do strive to be tactful and considerate, but my temper and smart mouth usually keep me from suppressing my feelings if they are very strong.]
Twos as Children Often
- are very sensitive to disapproval and criticism
- try hard to please their parents by being helpful and understanding
- are outwardly compliant [My parents would argue otherwise. I mean, I was respectful, but usually argued a lot. I believe "hard-headed" is what my mother would call it.]
- are popular or try to be popular with other children
- act coy, precocious, or dramatic in order to get attention [Nope. I mean, I was outgoing, but not coy, precocious, or dramatic.]
- are clowns and jokers (the more extroverted Twos), or quiet and shy (the more introverted Twos) [Wow, that is flippin' insightful. Extroverts joke, introverts are quiet? ]
Twos as Parents
- are good listeners, love their children unconditionally, and are warm and encouraging (or suffer guilt if they aren't)
- are often playful with their children
- wonder: "Am I doing it right?" "Am I giving enough?" "Have I caused irreparable damage?"
- can become fiercely protective
The Enneagram Made EasyDiscover the 9 Types of PeopleHarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages


3 Comments:
At 6:20 PM,
Pelagius said…
Man, did that test get you right or what? I gotta say, I'm pretty stinkin' happy with the way God made you, too.
At 5:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
That was a very interesting read! I especially enjoyed all the comments in red further elaborating or debunking the point. I think one of the best parts was 2s as parents. That sounds like an awesome parent and I'm excited to see it in action because I know you'll exemplify it. It sounds like a test Jeff and I will have to take! :)
At 3:21 PM,
redheadsaid said…
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=12721960859055255705
Post a Comment
<< Home